Help with plug and play - USB Webcam conflicts with Tv Tuner - fixed, sort of + udev question

TeeCee teecee-3xpccZqdWRo7lZ9V/NTDHw at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 4 23:26:35 UTC 2010

I was at my friends again today and got things working mostly.

tvtime -d /dev/video1 | arecord -D hw:1,0 -r 32000 -c 2 -f S16_LE |
aplay  -D hw:1,0

gets the sound working,

I can start gnomeradio to use the fm tuner on the capture card with the
same options as well.

So right now, if everything stays plugged in where it is no problem.

I'm wondering; can udev evaluate conditions on its own in order to set
the tv capture card to symlink  /dev/video0
to /dev/tv_capture when there is no webcam installed or symlink
/dev/video1 to /dev/tv_capture when there
is.

Thanks for all suggestions.

TC