OT: Rails data security support, vote please

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 25 15:03:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Marcelo Cavalcante
<kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Finally they paid attention to the security on rails.

That was my own suggestion, I have been on the ruby and rails mailing
list asking how to do secure programming via encryption support. I
looked for ruby gems, not much and was not impressed, most the two I
found has performance limitation, so can't use them in a real world.

Possibly there is as gem or plug-in I haven't come across yet, but the
rails and ruby board didn't provide me with much help.

My last solution is to to write a module in C for Ruby being a C++
developer and pass it on to the community to take it over, possibly
GnuPG would be a nice to start with.

Unfortunately I don't know much about cryptography, even using the
APIs so that is something new for me to learn.

> ---
> -  °v°   Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
> - /(_)\  ITIL V3 Foundation Certified | Certified Scrum Master
> -  ^ ^   Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
> - GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
> - TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
> - Archlinux-br Developer Team - http://archlinux-br.org
> - KDE Brasil Member
> - TLUG Member - Toronto Linux User Group
> - http://www.marcelocavalcante.net
>

> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> If there are any Rails fans here, and you would like to see data security a part of the Rails 3 framework and performance is important to you for large data please visit the link below and cast your vote:
>>
>> http://rails.uservoice.com/pages/10012-rails/suggestions/327300-data-encryption-support
>>
>> Pass this on to other Rails friends, let's bump this one up to the top.
>> This has already been posted on the Rails mailing list.
>>
>> --
>> Kind Regards,
>> Rajinder Yadav
>> --