[TLUG] Introducing myself...

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 22 11:59:02 UTC 2009

Hi Darryl,

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Darryl Moore <darryl-90a536wCiRb3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi Marcelo,
>
> Welcome.

Thanks. ;]

> I don't think I had heard of Archlinux before. Of course there are so
> many I can't say that for sure. I am sure I've never heard of the pacman
>  package manager.

That's strange. Archlinux was born in Canada. It's an amazing distro as you
can see checking the links [1], [2], [3], [4] and [5]. (Have fun.. hehe ;] I
really think you'll enjoy it. )

> I'm curious about Tux-CE. Does it have anything to do with bridging
> between Linux and WinCE?

Nothing about WinCE. Actually it's a Free Software Community. I'm one of its
founders. The CE is because of our state/province in Brazil. Ceará. ;] Just
that.

We have some projects with digital inclusion focused on free software and we
do organize events, workshops, install fests, etc. You can check some
pictures of these projects/events in the links [x], [6], [7] and [8]. ;]

> Oh, and one last thing. I love your tux graphic in your sig. I am
> feeling a very strong compulsion to shamelessly steal it. It's great.

Don't worry about it. Feel free to use it or modify if you want. ;]

> cheers,
> darryl

Links:
[1] - http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux
[2] - http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/The_Arch_Way
[3] - http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_vs_Others
[4] - http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2006/64/ARCH-SIMPLICITY
[5] - http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20090119#feature
[6] - http://www.tux-ce.org/portal/image/tid/5
[7] - http://www.tux-ce.org/portal/image/tid/13
[8] - http://www.tux-ce.org/portal/image/tid/7

cheers,

---
-  °v°   Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_)\  ITIL V3 Foundation Certified | Certified Scrum Master
-  ^ ^   Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
- GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
- TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
- Archlinux-br Developer Team - http://archlinux-br.org
- KDE Brasil Member
- TLUG Member - Toronto Linux User Group
- http://www.marcelocavalcante.net