nice article on US wiretapping landscape

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 16 17:30:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:02 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Communications Surveillance:  Privacy and Security at Risk
> by Whitfield Diffie, Susan Landau  |  September 11, 2009
> http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1613130
>
> I'd love a similar one about Canada, especially since the new
> "modernization" that the government has brought in (or is it still
> pending?).

As far as whether the modernization is still pending, here's the
latest that I know about:

Resolution of Canada’s Privacy Commissioners and Privacy Enforcement
Officials on Bills C-46 and C-47
September 9-10, 2009, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador

http://www.priv.gc.ca/media/nr-c/2009/res_090910_e.cfm

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/   @psema4