TCL/TK & Tix plea

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 10 01:19:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:02 PM, David Tilbrook<dt-hKuJ9UrQZDM at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> For reasons I won't discuss I am still using Tcl7.4.
>
> The need to convert to tcl8.5 or even 8.6 is pressing.
>
> But I have no idea what changes I might need to make to
> my tcl/tk/tix applications to upgrade to 8.5
>
> The tcl web site and tclwiki were not much help
> as they wouldn't allow me post anything as they were
> of the opinion that I was a Robot -- I'm not (but
> I would think that wouldn't I - Note use of
> contractions).
>
> Does anyone have pointers to the information I need
> or suggestions as to whom to consult?

There is a page on the tcl wiki that points to change lists for all
versions since 7.4...

http://wiki.tcl.tk/405

They list every point release; I think you only need to worry about
the "major" ones, e.g. 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6.

It's pretty terse material, but looks like it ought to be somewhat helpful.
Jonathan Swift  - "May you live every day of your life." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html