wget testing

Slack Rat slacker-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 10 00:58:59 UTC 2009

teddy mills a écrit profondement:

| I am doing some wget testing.
| I need a site (preferably Toronto) for wget tests 75mbits+ (9.6 MB/sec)
| (more reasonable would be 20 to 50 mbits)
|
| I asked this a few weeks ago, but I cannot find those emails.

Why mot spyder your bookmarks?

Should give you lots of tests and be bookmark-informative too

Modify to suit your system and choice of browser

This is for Opera running in HOME using Emacs

cp ~/.opera/bookmarks.adr ~/bookmarks

cat ~/bookmarks |grep URL > ~/BOOKMARKS

emacs ~/BOOKMARKS

Meta/ALT-x replace-string
1. give it #URL and CR --- replace with nothing
2. give it URL=  and CR --- replace with nothing
3. CTRL-s  CTRL-c  --- save and exit
(Sorry, I'm not VI literate)

Go for it, tuning up your wget to whatever turns your crank, but
basically
 wget --spider  -i ~/BOOKMARKS

Option: Extend it by saving the results to a file for later inspection and
action

Option: Run it as a daily/weekly/monthly CronJob and email yourself the
results

--
Slackrat