thinkpad models

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 9 15:36:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 11:17:39AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Unless your thinkpad is a custom build, you can generally descibe it well
> with the code from the bottom label.  On my x61t, I see
> 	TYPE 7762-95U
> 	PRODUCT ID 776295U
> These are obviously the same number presented in a different way.
> 7762 indicates x61t computers, I think.  The 95u describes the
> options, I think.
>
> This is probably described somewhere on thinkwiki, but I haven't
> looked
>   http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki
> You can see that the type and model number are used in this table:
>   http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Hardware_Specifications

Well certainly lenovo knows what it is:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/quickPath.do?quickPathEntry=776295U

So L7500 1.6Ghz CPU, 1GB ram, 80GB HD 5400rpm, 12.1" 1400x1050 LCD, intel
X3100 graphics, intel 802.1agn (with n disabled) wifi, bluetooth, modem,
Gbit ethernet, security chip, fingerpint reader, 8 cell Li-Ion battery,
Windows Vista Business.

Does that seem about right?

My SL500 has a -CTO code at the end that explicitly means 'configure
to order' so it doesn't have the option of that level of detail.
The xxxx- at the start simply means SL500 as far as I remember.

Mine (2746CTO) simply says 'ThinkPad SL500 Configure-To-Order system'.

--
Len Sorensen