usb problem

Randy Jonasz rjonasz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 8 23:54:41 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,

I thought an update was in order.  After cleaning the computer and taking it
back to where I bought it to get a new motherboard installed, the technician
tested the usb ports and all 6 worked.  Feeling sheepishly stupid, I thanked
him and returned home.  After plugging everything back in, I booted the
computer and found kern.log was only being updated when inserting the usb
mouse into 2 of the 4 back usb ports.  The front 2 did not work.  After
sitting for a few minutes without knowing what to do, my Dad suggested
turning the power bar off and then on again.  What the heck, I might as well
try it, I thought.  After doing so, I booted the computer and presto!  All 6
usb ports worked as they should.  I'm still not sure why.

Cheers,

Randy