USB microphone on Linux

Antonio T. Sun antoniosun-N9AOi2cAC9ZBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 8 22:27:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to make my USB microphone works in my Debian Testing.

In brief, I'm experiencing exactly the same symptom as the following
post:

Can't record from USB Mic using ALSA

I.e., everything looks perfect, just record from USB Mic get dead
silence.

I've consulted the following URLs, but the problem still remains. Is
anyone here lucky enough to get your USB Mic working?

BTW, according to
http://www.daniel-lemire.com/blog/archives/2005/10/12/logitech-usb-
desktop-microphone-under-linux/
Daniel was able to make the AK5370 USB Microphone works under Linux,
which is exactly the same USB Mic that I have.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

PS. URLs consulted:

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?
title=USB_mic_on_Linux#Making_sure_ALSA_detects_the_mic
ttp://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=51468
http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Sound_in_Debian_GNU/
Linux#Setting_default_sound_card
http://www.mombu.com/gnu_linux/slackware/t-alsa-usb-pci-devices-
problem-2619722.html
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/vectorlinux-36/how-do-you-assign-
my-usb-micak5370-as-the-capture-device-433604/
http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/Blog/using-the-m-audio-audiophile-
usb-digital-audio-interface-with-linux
http://alt-usage-english.org/recording_suggestions.html