pulseaudio crashe problem

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 8 15:01:27 UTC 2009

Looks like some files may mismatch

Perhaps one of the modules it depends on no longer has the
"pa_sink_get_latency_within_thread" function (or it used to be a
kernel function that no longer exists).

I see around August 14th or so that they may have switched to using this call:
  Commit by lennart  ::  r3f9c67a pulseaudio/src/pulsecore/sink.c:
  core: call pa_sink_get_latency_within_thread() instead of going
directly via process_msg()

Perhaps a full upgrade might get you whatever module provides this function?

- TJA

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 9:14 AM, David J Patrick<djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I know from der Goole, that I'm not the only one, but what can I do about;
> pulseaudio: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/module-rtp-recv.so: undefined symbol:
> pa_sink_get_latency_within_thread
> ??
>
> it's makin me crazy,
> djp