OT: LCD mounting arm

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 6 18:18:26 UTC 2009

I'm thinking of purchasing mounting arms for the two LCD displays on
my desktop.  Since I live in an apartment I don't want to go putting
holes in the walls and would thus prefer a desk-mount system to
wall-mount.  I would prefer the desk-mount anyway, so wall-mount is
right out.  I'm not feeling rich so I would prefer cheap ... but I'm
willing to pay a bit more for solidity.  One monitor is 19" 4:3, the
other is 22" widescreen.  I've been looking at the Ergotron LX Dual
(http://www.pricecanada.com/p.php/Ergotron-Inc-LX-Dual-Desk-Mount-Arm-28512195-445882/)
for around $250.  Comments for or against or any other suggestions
most welcome.  Is there a retail store in the city where I can
actually go see some of these installed and usable?  Thanks.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org