Kernel upgraded but not Nvidia

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 4 13:52:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 07:12:53PM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> Worked like a charm, many many thanks. In one of your replies above, you used
> the word 'yet' after 'kernel modules are not built automatically'. Is that
> something that's coming? ie. when you install a new kernel, it automatically
> builds a new nvidia-kernel?

Yes, I pretty much did the necesary work to make the nvidia driver
packages compatible with the kernel module builder package, but we never
got that package updated to actually start doing it.  The TODO list is
still pretty long and there are a few things that still need fixing.

It will not be an automatic build on your system, it will be an automatic
build by the debian build servers whenever a new kernel is released
by debian.

--
Len Sorensen