possible small contract to implement this Linux-Windows TCP/IP protocol in Windows VB

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 3 17:50:05 UTC 2009

Did you ever get a response from anyone regarding this?

I would be interested however I don't have a VB Studio (VB.NET Studio)
that I can use.

I think there's licensing on that isn't there?

The other thing is I'm not sure how long it'll take me to catch up,
its been awhile since i've used both.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM, bob 295<icanprogram-sKcZck+fQKg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I have a client who needs this implemented in VB to enable a larger project to
> go forward.  I am strictly a Linux developer and don't even have a Windows
> box any more.
>
> This is the protocol:
>
> http://www.icanprogram.com/simpl/tclSurrogate.html
>
> It has already been implemented in C, Tcl/Tk, Python and JAVA.    About 7
> years ago a trusted SIMPL user implemented it in VB and reported it worked
> well.  Alas he never got around to contributing the VB implementation back to
> the SIMPL project and his hard drive was later wiped and reused.
>
> If you are (or anyone you know is) interested contact me offlist.
>
> bob
> PS.
> The main SIMPL open source project site is:
> http://www.icanprogram.com/simpl

Dave Germiquet