[OT]Gmail message Source

colin davidson colinpdavidson-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 29 21:13:38 UTC 2009

If the sender used google webmail, google is probably the only source
of this information, if it exists at all. I highly doubt that it would
be legal for them to release the information, short of a court order
(I believe that PIPEDA requires that such information be held
confidential, strictly protected and not released to unauthorized
parties).

I other words, unless you're prepared to take legal action you
probably aren't going to be able to find out (legally - I suppose a
highly illegal crack of google's servers may find the information, but
there is no way I would ever recommend that and I sincerely hope you
wouldn't consider trying).

Regards, the other Colin