[OT]Gmail message Source

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 29 18:27:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM,  <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I am trying to find a way to get the originating IP address of an email sent
> from a gmail account.

I'm not sure how much help this will be but on the right-hand side of
each message you should find a drop-down.  Look for the 'Show
Original' option.  That will get you the headers.

In looking through a number of messages in my inbox the only place I
found an originating IP header was, ironically enough, your email.  I
don't see anything particularly useful for you in the headers from my
or other Gmail users' messages.

Then again I'm not feeling well and may have missed something.  :S

Best of luck

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/   @psema4