Affordable video capturing card

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 29 14:14:55 UTC 2009

> i bought a hd-pvr and I noticed they are still selling,
> you sure they are cutting them, i might consider buying another,
> records 720p and 1080i very nice in linux, and of course subverts all that
> nasty copy protection, which oddly enough is fine to do in canada.
>
> tl
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Colin McGregor

You mean an actual PVR or a PVR card?. If the card, who's your
television provider?

I had a rather rude shock shortly after moving back to western Canada.
Shortly after acquiring a PVR-250 (hauppauge) and *finally* getting
all my MythTV stuff to work, the buggers at the default Cableco (Shaw)
switched everything to digital. This renders my analog card fairly
useless unless I want to manually preset the channels on the digital
box, and apparently the digital signal is encrypted so a digital PVR
card would be equally unhelpful.

I was led to believe it was the same with Rogers/Bell. Is this not the case?

>> The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/

> ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support