export a *portable* playlist, including music files

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 23 00:31:32 UTC 2009

sometimes i want to share a playlist with someone.  I guess i could burn
a cd, but since no one has cd players anymore, i'd rather export a
directory containing both the music and a playlist.  Ideally it should
be possible to just drop the directory into some file sharing service
(dropbox, ubuntuone, ifolder, or whatever) and have a mac-or
windows-using friend just grab the directory, import the playlist, and
play it in itunes or whatever (unless someone has a better suggestion).

Oh, and i should say that right now i'm using the Goggles Music Manager
(http://code.google.com/p/gogglesmm/ ) to manage music, but could try
whatever i needed to for this project (though amarok slows my system
down to a crawl right now, so i'd sort of rather not do it that way).

Anyway now that everyone only plays music on their computers, this seems
like a nearly-essential feature that i'd really love to have...

look forward to everyone's suggestions!

--
Matt Price
matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org