HDTV monitor

Brandon Sandrowicz bsandrow-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 22 19:00:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I know on a slightly outdated Ubuntu system (8.4 or 9.0, I can't quite
> remember which)

FYI, Ubuntu's versioning is in Y.MM format (i.e. 9.10 mean 2009-Oct
release) and they target Apr and Oct releases. That's why the
versioning increases so quickly... They don't use the more accepted
Major.Minor versioning... Of course, IIRC Slackware jumped a bunch of
versions because too many people were complaining that they were
'behind' because Mandrake/RedHet/etc at the time all had versions many
numbers ahead (which doesn't really mean anything in reality though).
--
Brandon Sandrowicz