Anyone have experience with Acer netbooks ?

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 22 16:46:40 UTC 2009

>  Gentoo has long been able to run in 64-bit mode.  A few years ago, the
> 2 stumbling blocks were Realplayer and Schlockwave-Trash.  They didn't
> have 64-bit versions, and I did not feel like futzing around with
> compatability libraries and/or chrooting.  Realplayer is no longer
> important on the web, and Adobe has a pre-release 64-bit linux flash
> player at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
>
>  I will give 64-bit mode a shot this time around.  No guarantees that I
> will stick with it, but I will give it a shot.

The 64-bit "flash" player is much better than a lot of the previous
hacks used to make it work on firefox/64 (yes, I'm looking at you,
"nspluginwrapper"). I've been fairly happy to enjoy more stability
with their "pre-release" than the alternative.

For actual shockwave though (which is a bit different from flash), I
believe that it still has no Linux support (even 32bit) unless you
want to install firefox+shockwave under WINE :-(