Lone Coder: VirtualBox on Vista with a Gentoo Guest

teddy mills teddy-5sHjOODPK7E at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 19 15:08:31 UTC 2009

I have done stage3 Gentoo installs at least 50 or more times.
It has been about a year since I have installed Gentoo on a
regular basis.

So now I still get tripped up by

1. selecting the right kernel modules
2. getting the new compiled kernel into /boot without
    the no kernel found error
3. getting the /dev/sda or /dev/hda right depending on the motherboard