[Fwd: Archive frozen for preparation of Ubuntu 9.10]

Aviss,Tyler tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 18 02:44:04 UTC 2009

Pulse seems to be mainly intended to allow mixing multiple sources
without blocking, but I've found that this works even with just plain
ALSA on most cards nowadays.

However if OSS4 can get the mic input to work on my "HD Audio" based
laptop chipset I will gladly switch. While I do understand that there
are many variants on these chipsets having it broken for so long is a
real setback for Linux on the desktop (IMHO).

(sent from my phone, so please excuse the typos)