Five ways the Linux desktop shoots itself in the foot

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 16 17:29:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Michael Lauzon <mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> An article on ComputerWorld, here is an excertp, to see the five
> reasons you'll have to go to the site:
>
> "I don't just write about the Linux desktop; I use it every day. At my
> desk, I tend to use MEPIS and Mint, while on the road, it's Ubuntu on
> my Dell netbook and openSUSE on my Lenovo ThinkPad. I do this because
> they work well and they're as safe as a desktop operating system can
> get. So why aren't more people using them?

I'll note...  None of the reasons actually say *anything AT ALL* about
the Linux desktop!!!

I would have expected it to say that there was one thing or another
that was concretely deficient in the software, but software is never
once mentioned.

Seeing as how that's what Linux is (e.g. - SOFTWARE), a criticism of
it presumably ought to at least say *something* about software.
Ted Turner  - "Sports is like a war without the killing." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html