Washington Post: To bank safely online, use Linux

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 15 03:33:15 UTC 2009

Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/10/avoid_windows_malware_bank_on.html

His articles are great reading. I was reading about what a money mule is and
came upon this funny part of a mother talking about her son new job

=====
But Kenneth's mother, Dixie Durastanti, said the Entrust Group told her son they
had found his resume on Careerbuilder.com, and that Kenneth could make thousands
of dollars a month working from home.

"I warned him that the offer sounded too-good-to-be-true, but he didn't want to
believe me," Ms. Durastanti told Security Fix. "As soon as my son told me they
wanted his ID number and bank account number and wanted to put this large sum
into his account, I told him 'You're in trouble, buddy.' "

Not long after that conversation, she said, Downeast Energy's bank called,
inquiring into the whereabouts of a $9,589 transfer that was sent to Kenneth on
Sept. 2.

Ms. Durastanti said when Kenneth went to wire the money via Western Union to
individuals in Ukraine, he made a small but important error.

"He put the money wire in his name and to his own name, and so the transfer came
back to him. He ended up giving the money back to the bank," she said. "Thank
goodness, I think his stupidity saved him.
=====

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/09/money_mules_carry_loot_for_org.html

--
Kind Regards,