World of Goo game

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 14 14:20:19 UTC 2009

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| I just saw today that World of Goo (a nifty little puzzle game) is on sale
| to celebrate its aniversary, and well they actually have linux versions of
| it, as .rpm, .deb and .tar.gz.

Any idea how long a binary that you buy now is likely to run given
that Linux's "ABI" changes over time?

About the only binary that we've bought is Mathmatica, about 10 years
ago, and it certainly got stranded within a couple or Red Hat
releases.  She probably should have bought the Win9x version -- it would
likely still work.