McMaster University Creates Open Source eHealth Records System

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 13 18:37:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:29:12PM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> This is not the  problem, and nor is java inefficient, look at the
> performance comparison between C++, or even C and java. You will be amazed.

Yes C is much easier to write efficient code in.  C++ can (with a good
compiler if you can find one) be made to do efficient code as long as
you avoid most of its stupid features (which makes it mostly C anyhow).
Java is just hopeless.  I suspect the main problem with java's performance
is that there are an awful lot of bad java programmers.  It seems to
attract them (or perhaps create them).  A good programmer could do a
much better job given a better language.

--
Len Sorensen