McMaster University Creates Open Source eHealth Records System

Randy Jonasz rjonasz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 13 17:59:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am a developer at McMaster for the EMR OSCAR.  I'm not sure where the
negativity is coming from, but as to be expected, I disagree.  McMaster uses
OSCAR at all 3 of their clinics with well over 30 000 patients' records.  I
personally provide support for another 7 clinics which use OSCAR.  We have a
strong user base in BC as well as McGill University in Quebec..  We are just
now putting together more accurate numbers of who is using OSCAR.

With ubuntu, installing OSCAR for a technically inclined person is
painless.  Check out http://indivica.com/?page_id=40 for installation
instructions.  We also have documentation on how to use the program on
http://www.oscarcanada.org .

I have had great satisfaction seeing OSCAR used in many settings; from
homeless shelters to teaching clinics, to family physician practices.  It
runs on minimal hardware with very good performance.  Check it out.  It's a
great alternative to a billion dollar non solution.

Cheers,

Randy

--
Oscar Developer