OT: Cypto Lib

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 11 18:03:51 UTC 2009

Andrei wrote:
> Crypto++ is very good and complete (+ as a bonus, shared builds are
> possible,I don't think it has other dependencies and builds on both unix
> and windows).
> Openssl is quite known, however I found it hard to use.

Len also mentioned using openssl, but yes I just want a lib that is easy to
build and use. I have to admit I don't know anything about openssl, so without a
document that will hold my hands, specially one without some accompanying API
usage, I would be lost.

I will take a closer look at Crypto++, I just noticed it also provides
compression using the well known algorithms, which would be handy for sending
over large data sets.

I assume you've worked with the Crypto++ APIs, and found it easy to use?
anything you could point me to if you have, reading wise.

Thanks!

> Andrei
>
> On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 17:27 -0400, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am wondering if there is a good cryptography lib C/C++ that is
>> pretty much self contained and easy to build as a shared lib? It would
>> also need to be well documented on usage / APIs.
>>
>> I started to look for Blowfish and came across "Twofish" but the
>> author provides source code (on his site) but it's lacking
>> documentation, etc. I am looking to make a crypto module for Ruby that
>> will be fast and efficient vs Ruby native Gems that exist.
>>
>> Now that I've managed to get figure out how to call my C++ code from
>> Ruby, I think this will be my first contribution to the Open Source
>> community, and I am kind of excited about the idea.
>>
>> I need help in tracking down a good crytpo library that's easy to
>> build for my 1st crack at this. Would GnuPGP fit this bill if anyone
>> has experience building a shared lib?

Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav

http://DevMentor.org