[OT] folders in gmail

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 11 02:16:53 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'll try and remember to do this in the past, but some messages may
> inadverently sneak out with the dreaded formatting; I'm subscribed to
> literally dozens of lists, local and global, and only one insists on
> plain text only.
>
> Apparently it's not just Windows users who have issues with inertia...

I'm on other lists where this issue comes up...

There are people I get email from (mostly at work) where I have to
filter out huge amounts of irritating "MS-HTML cruft" in order to read
the contents.  It's *really* irritating when people embed Word
documents into their emails because they felt like writing with Word.

I'm with Scott McNealy on this...
"Let's face it  -- ASCII text is  a far richer medium  than most of us
deserve."  -- Scott McNealy