scanner recommendation

Abidel Bassie-Cripps mrsabidel-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 7 16:32:09 UTC 2009

We have two flat-bed scanners, both working on Ubuntu. One is a Canon (lide 60) on Ubuntu Dell 32bit and the other is an Acer (640U) on Ubuntu amd64. We also have a bother mfc-5440cn (all in one) working on Ubuntu amd64. All three scanners are working great with Gimp.

Good luck in your search.

Our bother mfc-5440cn colour printing is failing. If anyone knows of a compatible  colour printer. Please let me know. We are looking to keep our budget to under $100. We have been using this site: http://www.openprinting.org, to help us find which are compatible.

Kind regards
Abby