OT: Microsoft's grinning robots or the Brotherhood of the Mac. Which is worse?

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 7 16:32:00 UTC 2009

2009/10/7 Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

Well clearly this particular person doesn't want a good system.
> He explicitly said so.  He likes dealing with an unreliable system.

No, he *tolerates* an unreliable system. He's simply made the judgement call
that the grief and stress associated with searching, evaluating, choosing
and learning a new system exceed the stress and grief of using the status
quo. He simply thinks that Windows, unreliable as it is, is to him at least
comfortable and the lesser of the available evils.

> Some people don't believe in listening to advice, they only want to do what
> they have already decided.  Some people can't admit that their original
> decision is no longer the best choice.

I think you misread the article. He know Windows sucks, and suspects Apple
and others are better, but has invested too much time in what he knows to be
bothered to switch. (AND he can't stand the smugness and arrogance of people
who insist on reminding him what he already knows...)

- Evan