[OT] Local TV Matters

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 6 22:30:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Darryl Moore <darryl-90a536wCiRb3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Yes, and speaking of the relevancy of cable companies and broadcasters
> to our modern lives, BBC announced today a new Dr. Who logo.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/10_october/06/doctor.shtml
>
> Meh, I liked the old one better.

The new one is definitely *clever*, which fits with the program.

In effect, the problem I can identify with it is that it looks rather
too slick and modern for a Tardis that has a lot of "ancient" going
on.  If it weren't so glossy, I'd think it better.

> There is some speculation that the next episode is coming out for
> halloween. Of course you wont find it on CBC for weeks or months after
> that. Most people anywhere on the planet who have any interest in
> watching this will have already seen it by... oh... about the third day
> after the first broadcast. Thank you Bit Torrent.

I doubt it's as long as 3 days!  :-)

> Local TV does NOT matter, (in it's current form)
> Neither does cable.
> Let them both die please, then let the local broadcasters be reborn in
> the form of a YouTube channel, a pod cast, or something similar.

It seems likely that newspapers will die off quite a bit before any of
the "TV apparatus" does.
Jonathan Swift  - "May you live every day of your life." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html