OT - Stop The TV Tax

Darryl Moore darryl-90a536wCiRb3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 5 18:22:07 UTC 2009

I'm not quite sure what the point is you are trying to make here, but I
doubt very much there was any political interference, particularly of
the kind you imply.

The quality of shows that can be produced by public broadcasters is as
good as any other broadcasters. It has been demonstrated by BBC, PBS,
and yes even the CBC, many time over.

Given that, and with the threat our current Internet presents to the
private broadcasting business models, I am sure that the real solution
is to pump more public money into our public broadcasters for drama and
cultural production, and leave the public broadcasters to service the
live entertainment TV market such as sports, news and special events.