OT - Stop The TV Tax

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 5 16:46:21 UTC 2009

Abidel Bassie-Cripps wrote:
> [ ... ]The governments of the world will always try to find ways to Tax the people. We can not avoid it. Yes, we can voice our objections, but in the end they will do something, if not the original idea. BTW, are we Canadians the most heavily tax people, when comparing other countries, and how does our government services, human rights, health care, etc., compare / stack up as well?

No, some of the northern European places tax higher.  ISTR Canada is
in, say, the top quartal.  Though I've thought that if you look at
some third-world places where a money economy is trying to squeeze tax
revenue out of a subsistence economy, you might find some horrendously
high rates.

I think that the real question for us as citizens is "What are we
getting for the money?"  If we don't deal with that, we spend all our
energy on unendable arguments about stupid things, like they do down
south.

	Mel.