command prompter

Terrence Enger tenger-P1ovA8G34VBEfu+5ix1nRw at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 2 17:10:26 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I am used, working on another platform, to having a tool which relieves
of the need to remember command line parameters ... sort of an entry
panel with brief prompts and hyperlinks to the applicable part of the
man page.

Is there such a tool for GNU/Linux?  Nothing applicable jumped out at me
from the first hundred results of a google search for linux command
prompter.

If this does not already exist, is there anybody else who thinks maybe
it should?  If anybody expresses an interest, I shall put together an
example of what it might do for you.

Cheers,
Terry.