postgresql replication

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 1 21:52:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Jamon Camisso
<jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I was thinking pgcluster or slony-1 initially, but both sites are out of
> commission. Checking on pgforge it looks like slony-1 last had a release in
> 2006. But pgcluster seems like it requires a modified build of postgresql.

You might want to see http://slony.info; that has Rather More Recent
information about Slony-I...

There are commits to CVS on a reasonably regular basis:
http://lists.slony.info/pipermail/slony1-commit/

And the last releases were in May...  I've been sitting on
1.2.17/2.0.3 for a while; probably should try to get those releases
out shortly.

But you mayn't necessarily want to use either Slony-I or Bucardo; if
what you need is purely for backup, then it's quite possible that the
"standby" features added in 8.0 (and improving in successors) may be
adequate.  (AKA "WAL shipping"/"Log shipping")

Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html