terminalcast

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 1 21:37:51 UTC 2009

2009/10/1 Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Fernando Duran <liberosec-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I found this site that may be useful for showing or teaching Linux and Linux apps commands etc: http://terminalcast.com/
>
> Thanks for sharing but I can't seem to play any of the terminalcast
> videos at work on IE 8? I am also behind a firewall, wonder if that
> might be the case, but when I click play I see an error message on the
> state pane saying, "error on page".

I had different problems: it works fairly well in FF3, but in IE7 I
get fine audio and no text at all.  "Pause" works in both (although
only affecting sound in IE because there is no text) but "Stop" does
nothing.  I found the sound was very good, but the keystrokes were
substantially delayed from the audio (you can hear him hitting keys,
it sounds like he uses an IBM Model M :-) and quite jumpy.  So his
description doesn't fit with what's going on on screen.

It's an interesting idea, but doesn't seem to be quite "there" yet.
I'm also not sure how much it would get used in a world as graphically
driven as ours when it locks you into using only stuff that runs
inside a modified rxvt?

Hmm - who wants to do the audio tutorials for configuring Apache?  How
about PostgreSQL?

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/