postgresql replication

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 1 14:07:02 UTC 2009

I'm looking at setting up a replication system for a number of disparate
postgresql databases (multiple databases on multiple machines). Mostly I
just want ease of backups without taking down the live databases.
Failover isn't a concern at the moment.

I've looked around and am less sure of what would be the ideal than when
I started e.g. a number of the tools on this page link to websites that
are down or don't seem to exist anymore..
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling

I was thinking pgcluster or slony-1 initially, but both sites are out of
commission. Checking on pgforge it looks like slony-1 last had a release
in 2006. But pgcluster seems like it requires a modified build of
postgresql.

So Bucardo is at the top of my list now, but documentation seems a bit
scarce. They do have a git repository with active development though..

Anyone have thoughts about postgresql replication (backup slaves
specifically) that they might be willing to share?

Thanks, Jamon