Interesting one day sale by sony.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 30 23:12:08 UTC 2009

I just saw this one on RFD:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main.php/alldeals/comments/sonystyleca_7_days_of_deals_for_redflagdeals_day_1_free_blu_ray_player_w_br/#

Apparently they normally sell it for $1799 (it does say sony on it after
all) but today with coupon code it is $999.

For a 11.1" laptop it sounds pretty neat.  2GB ram (which is more than
netbooks typically have), 2.65pounds (about the same as many netbooks),
carbon fiber case (never seen that one before), 1366x768 display (I
think most are 1024x600 or maybe 1280x768 on some), 120GB HD (160GB seems
more common on small laptops now), intel ABGN wifi (I have only seen bgn
on netbooks so far), dvdrw drive (netbooks of course don't have those).
Core 2 Duo U7700 CPU (not a slow poke atom).

Certianly in the past I have read horror stories of sony vaio machines,
so I have no idea what this one is like.  The chipset, wifi, etc all
sound like perfectly linux compatible choices.

Sounds like a neat deal though.  Oh well I don't need a small laptop,
my 15.4" thinkpad is just fine.

--
Len Sorensen