Linux-compatable printer that won't gouge me on ink?

Michael Lauzon mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 28 21:05:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 15:42, John McGregor <mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Walter Dnes wrote:
>>
>>  The subject says it all.  I need something that will print black and
>> white, including graphics, without costing an arm and a leg for ink.  It
>> will have to be USB-connected, because serial and parallel ports are no
>> more.
>>

> Either of these (both under $100) should do the job for you:
>
> Brother 2140
> http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=017923&cid=PTR.392.276
>
> Samsung ML 1640
> http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=019597&cid=PTR.392.276
>
> HTH
>
> John

I am selling my printer for $150 (retail price), it's a Brother
MFC-495cw, I never opened the box, I won it, but it turns out I don't
have the space for a printer.  Should be compatible with Linux; here
is the link to Brother's listing:

http://www.brother.ca/en/all-in-one/description.asp?prodid=3114121813251781276&features=on

--
Sincerely,