desktop capture

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 28 00:06:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Is there a solid desktop capture app for Linux, the open source one I found
> are pretty crap, some don't work, one of them had ugly artifacts.

ffmpeg comes with one that I've used in the past with good results.
Been awhile though, and it's command line only.

Something like this:

ffmpeg -f x11grab outfile

but you would need to specify some codecs, bitrates and so on in there too.

Make sure you're using a _real_ ffmpeg from Debian Multimedia, and not
some crippled and out-of-date one like Ubuntu ships.

--
TBM