Nobel Peace Prize to Linus Torvalds: A Northwest Nobel option?

colin davidson colinpdavidson-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 25 15:34:25 UTC 2009

Actually, I would imagine that if you have a strong religious faith,
some of mr. Knott's writing would be rather offensive - in essence, he
would be calling you (at best) delusional. Not very nice. The
difference I see between him and mr. Koziol, is that if both imagined
someone else saying their own words to them, it would be perfectly
reasonable for mr. Knott to fail to see anything offensive while it is
beyond comprehension that mr. Koziol would not see the offensive
nature of his words, coming from someone else (he simply appears blind
to that when they are his own words).

So James, please do try to see that your words can be hurtful to
people who have done you, and will do you, no harm. I consider myself
an out and out atheist, but I have known and do know many decent,
wonderful people of faith who I respect and who do not deserve such
condescension. (I have also know obnoxious, intollerant and bigotted
"holy rollers" who definitely do deserve it, but religion/faith is not
the distiguishing factor per se).

Also, for those conviced that religion is the fount of most of the
worlds troubles - have you considered how often religion is used as a
convenient excuse for ethnis persecution?

Peace everyone (who deserves it),
Colin