Nobel Peace Prize to Linus Torvalds: A Northwest Nobel option?

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 25 02:02:03 UTC 2009

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
>
>> Madison Kelly wrote:

>>> My tolerance extends up to the point where others tell me what is right or
>>> wrong. My interest in TLUG extends to talks on Linux, OSS and general IT
>>> stuff.
>> So just shut up and do not comment on issues not related to Linux.
>
>   and it's at this point that most well-run mailing lists press the
> "Ban" button and life returns to normal.  what are the chances of that
> happening here?
>
> rday

Personally, I don't think a ban is in order. At least not yet. Our
disagreements shouldn't be resolved with bans... All that does is build
a clique. What I think does need to stop is the name calling. If that
happens, then I think everyone should be welcome. If it doesn't, then a
ban is appropriate. We should be able to act like adults, myself
included. For my part in today's heated exchange, I want to apologize.

Madi