Nobel Peace Prize to Linus Torvalds: A Northwest Nobel option?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 24 20:47:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 03:05:21PM -0500, Darryl Moore wrote:
> Actually QNX uses a microkernel and that OS gets quite a bit of use in
> industrial real time applications

I know qnx is message passing (one of the few to ever get any decent
performance out of that, and it took a lot of work to get it).  I had
forgotten it was microkernel based (which being message passing it can
actually get away with).

QNX is a rather neat one I must admit.  Too bad when we looked at
it at work, their posix interface and tools are so far from usable
with normal open source code that it was simply not worth looking at.

We stuck with linux (with the xenomai extensions for real time support).

--
Len Sorensen