Nobel Peace Prize to Linus Torvalds: A Northwest Nobel option?

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 24 16:40:03 UTC 2009

James Knott wrote:
> Anyone who takes on religious delusion should be a candidate for the
> Nobel prize.  Religion is the cause of so much of the hatred and
> violence in this world and the sooner we're done with "God", the better.

I don't think it's religion that is, itself, a problem. It's when
someone feels their idea of god imposes restrictions on them, and that
is enough for them to push those restrictions on others that problems
start.

If you think life begins at fertilization? Fine, don't get an abortion.
You think it's a sin to "spill your seed", fine, don't use birth
control. Just don't tell me what I should believe or what I can't do
when it doesn't affect you in the least. If you still insist on pushing
your views on me, then I expect you to respect the view and rules of
other religions. So put down that steak, don't use any tools or
electricity from Friday sundown... you get the idea.

If you don't think those apply to you, then you understand why I don't
think your rules apply to me.

Anyway, let's get back to IT.

Madi