google wave

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 23 17:19:33 UTC 2009

Madison Kelly wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:37:27AM -0500, Madison Kelly wrote:
>>> I suspect everyone who wants one, has one. Just in case though, I
>>> got  eight google wave invites. Let me know if any of you would still
>>> like one.
>>>
>>> Madi, who has been largely under-whelmed with gWave, tbh.
>>
>> None of what I have heard about it so far has made me even care enough
>> to look up any more info.
>>
>> Does it do anything useful?  Should I care?
>
> Well, see, that's just it. I don't yet really see how it's much more
> than webmail with extended support for videos, IMs, etc. I'm going on
> the assumption that it is a new platform that Google hopes to expand on.
> For that reason, I will keep my eye on it, but I am not exactly rushing
> out to cancel my normal email accounts.

Madison, can you send me an invite?  :-)

I'm very curious about what Google came up with.

It sounds like a reasonable project collaboration tool.  Especially for
team-efforts, like change activities on large IT systems... without any
privacy.

I know... I'm grasping at what it could be good for too.  Apparently,
it's good for playing D&D :-)

-Mike