Grub2 setup question

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 19 21:46:49 UTC 2009

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Do you want to install a boot loader on the second drie to make it
> bootable, or is it already bootable and you want to be able to jump to
> its bootloader from your main bootloader?
>
> For the last option try an entry something like:
>
> title Boot second HD
> root(hd1)
> chainloader
>
> I think that's the right syntax.

Thanks Lennart,

   In my case, I don't really care, but I guess passing off to the
CentOS boot loader (old grub) would be best so that CentOS can change
it's grub without me worrying.

   As I mentioned to Jamon, I am trying to sort out /where/, exactly,
you are supposed to muck with the grub2 files safely. I've found a bunch
of docs saying what grub2 is meant to be and do, but not much yet on how
to actually use it.

   That or I suck at Google. :P

Madi