Grub2 setup question

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 19 02:35:38 UTC 2009

Hi all,

   So I'm back to square one in my understanding of grub with v2. I'm
hoping someone can help me out and/or point me to a decent tutorial on
the new system.

   I've picked up an eSATA drive that I've installed CentOS5 on. I did
this with my main Ubuntu 9.10 hard drive unplugged just to be sure that
I didn't accidentally muck it up. So now I am finished the install and
back under Ubuntu.

   I've trying to sort out how to add the CentOS install to my Ubuntu's
grub. I dare not randomly try things as I normally would, given the
potential of an unbootable system.

  So, given:

/dev/sda (hd0,x) = Ubuntu
/dev/sdb (hd1,x) = CentOS

   What is the safe way of setting up grub with an option to boot off
the second drive?

Thanks!

Madi