Skype on Linux

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 13 03:15:29 UTC 2009

The latest Skype does work well, but If I understand the actual Question
was is there an native linux/open source Client.

The answer is actually No, Skype actually keeps the protocol proprietary.

Even though that they take advantage for open source to deliver it (QT
4), they do it under the licenses and in ways that avoid exposing the
code. I do recall a lawsuit at one point, but don't remember the details.