Google's got a new language... Go...

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 12 20:38:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:17:39AM -0500, Terrence Enger wrote:
> I just did some research for them:  "go" gets about 431,000,000 ghits.
> For comparison, pick a programming languaged named with something not a
> common word:  "gcc" gets about 18,800,000 ghits, and it has been out in
> public for more than a couple of days.
>
> Still, they could have chosen worse:  much of my work is on a system
> called (among many other names) "i", and that gets about 8,030,000,000
> ghits.  Sigh!

Yes.  Note to anyone in marketing:

If you type a new product name into google and get any real number of
hits then customers won't be able to find your product on google and it
will fail or at least be very difficult to deal with for your customers.
So pick a new name that is unique.

--
Len Sorensen