OT: Telus "3G" network?

Jon VanAlten vanaltj-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 9 15:44:13 UTC 2009

Indeed.  They deployed the newer technology directly, ie they did not follow
the GSM->UMTS upgrade path such as other GSM carriers in North America.
 Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what you need is a phone
using UMTS, on the 850 or 1900 frequencies.  (I would not rely on the "G"
aka "Generation" terminology as it has meant different things in different
contexts).

cheers,

jon